Monday, December 21, 2009

pretty little blocks


lena and lovely


the hello baby store


burlap and blue

Last night, while watching a Hallmark Christmas movie about giving ("watching" is used loosely here as my father and I were reading while my mother did the actual "watching"), my father had a revelation of sorts. This year he should use the piles of wood scraps in his shop to make Christmas gifts for less fortunate children. But what would he make? We tossed around a few ideas like planes, trains & automobiles but the missed the most glaringly obvious one...until now. Blocks.

So dad, here's the proposition. You make the blocks & I'll help with the pretty little designs. Deal? We've got a year...think we can do it?

The images of the sweet blocks above were taken from three different Etsy shops, all credited under their photos, and all absolutely adorable. I'd definitely give them a look if you're in the market for a handmade toddler gift. It's one I would have loved to receive!

No comments: