Tuesday, August 10, 2010

going local


Going local, yet somehow still transporting myself to some charming place far, far away every time.  

I simply adore Maison Reve.  Located smack in the heart of downtown Mill Valley, California, Maison Reve means "dream home" in French.  And that it is.  After you've oooh'd and aaaah'd around the shop for a long while, you truly feel like you should sit down, put your feet up and enjoy that steaming hot cup of Peet's.  And I bet they wouldn't mind a bit.

Sadly, I'm usually racing by with any combination of dog, bike, scooter, skateboard, children (and of course a coffee) so I don't always have time to poke around.  But this weekend, sans kids, and thanks to a dear friend visiting from "the other coast" I made the time.  And I'm so glad I did.

I left with the small Holland flower vase pictured in the first image.  It's charming.  And not really all that small.  Once I get some pretty little flowers for it I'll snap a picture for you.  

Now, the ambiance is just not quite the same, but you can shop from her website... or get some inspiration from her blog.  But really you should just come visit.  I'll buy the coffee.

No comments: