Monday, September 1, 2008

nie nie


This is a photograph of Stephanie Nielson and her family that was shot by Wendy Whitacre and borrowed from Stephanie's blog the Nie Nie Dialogues. The following text was also borrowed. This time from the Nie Recovery website. Please read on...

"On Saturday, August 16, 2008, Stephanie Nielson was in a plane crash with her husband, Christian Nielson, and his flight instructor, Doug Kinnear, near St. Johns, Arizona. Doug Kinnear passed away soon after arriving at the Maricopa County Hospital.
Christian & Stephanie remain in critical condition at Maricopa Burn Center. Christian has sustained burns on over 30% of his body. His wife Stephanie’s body was burned over 80%."

I didn't really know anything about Stephanie or her blog until stories of this terrible accident began appearing on other blogs I frequent. And, what it doesn't tell you in this quote above, but you can clearly see in the photo, is that Christian & Stephanie have four children between the ages of 8 and 2.

I was amazed at the outpouring of support and I too felt compelled to help. Last night I spent some time exploring the hundreds of auctions that fellow bloggers have created to help support Stephanie and her family. I stumbled upon a woman named Kaylyn who is unselfishly providing her creative services in return for donations to Nie Nie's recovery fund. Thus, the darling new headers on my blogs. You can find her by clicking the custom headers button on the right hand column of my blogs or by clicking here.

You can learn more about Stephanie's recovery and/or donate to the cause by clicking on the Nie Recovery button in the right hand column of my blogs or by clicking here.


No comments: