Wednesday, November 11, 2009

thankful wednesday


I've been quite literally stumbling over stuffing mix & Christmas decorations in multiple stores all week. Don't get me wrong, I worked in retail for 20 years, so this shouldn't surprise me in the least. But ever year, inevitably, it does. And I'm never quite prepared.

I suppose it's because I'm somewhat of a scrooge. Yup. I said it. I like to give thanks and the best thing in the world is my family...hands down. But I prefer to celebrate that every day. And not just when the calendar (and the retail stores) tells me it's time. With that said, I can still enjoy the beauty in the holidays, even if I do not decorate my house as such. This morning I searched Etsy for "Thanksgiving" items and it returned over 750 pages of handmade goodness. These were just a few of my favorites. And I'm thankful for all of them...

1.pom poms 2.felt acorns 3.dish cloths 4.winter tree dishes 5.mercury glass centerpiece 6.pumpkin soy candle 7.happy indian & thankful pilgrim 8.pumpkin spice soap

No comments: