Friday, January 21, 2011

friday favorites

Army green messenger bag by Christy Studio on Etsy. And no I don't just adore it because her name is Christy. Although that doesn't hurt. I love how big it is while still being stylish. The straps are adjustable and just wait until you get a load of all the inside pockets. Gadget heaven I tell you.

I don't do much cooking but man do I cut.  And this shop has some of the most spectacular little cutting boards and trays I've ever seen.  Love the feet and the rich grains in their wood.  These little lovelies, perfect for wedding or hostess gifts, would make a great statement piece on the counter.  No need to hide this baby in the corner. 


I need to know. Who is this thirsty?? It's the super big gulp of coffee.  No sense holding the whip on one of these!

It's the Starbucks Trenta.  I honestly don't get it but this image circulating the web that compares the cup to a human stomach certainly entertained me this week (and, mind you, this is coming from a self-professed Starbucks addict.) 

I just thank goodness the Trenta is only being offered for cold drinks or I might be tempted to try it.  But I like my coffee HOT.  And in a grande size, reusable, insulated, personal cup.



Dr. Seuss really was a remarkable man. This is one of my favorite new Seussisms I found last night on google.  Can't for the life of me figure out what book it is from but I love it ever still...

 “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

And his quotes beat the heck out of Mother Goose! 
Really, what are we thinking reading these things to our children?

There was an old woman and she lived in a shoe,
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do.
She crumm'd 'em some porridge without any bread
And she borrowed a beetle, and she knocked 'em all on the head.

If you haven't taken a look at Mother Goose book since you were a kid.  Go now. Google. And laugh.  And if you haven't read Dr Seuss or even just his top 10 quotes.  Go now. And be inspired.


Oh, and have an absolutely delightful weekend...

No comments: